Are you the kind of Mercedes-Benz enthusiast that spends as much time caring and maintaining your car that it always looks new. Does everyone always ask you how you do it? Even for just the everyday Mercedes-Benz driver, these 10 simple tips will have you really care for you vehicle.
1. In order to prevent the engine from working too hard in your Mercedes-Benz, make sure you get the oil changed without allowing extensive periods of time to elapse. The engine must always remain properly lubricated, so scheduling routine oil changes should become routine.
2. How often are you looking under the hood? You can get under there easy enough with a flashlight and, even if you’re nervous and inexperienced, there are a few things to look for with an untrained eye. Do things look out of place? Do you see cracks in the hoses or belts? Do all the components look wet? Make sure you are getting under the hood at least once per month.
3. Be sure the tires are properly inflated and that the air pressure is checked often in order to ensure a comfortable ride is maintained at all times. You cannot check the tire pressure simply by squeezing them; you have to use a tire pressure gauge. These are available at most gas or service stations.
4. Fuel economy and the lifetime of the tires on your Mercedes-Benz should also be maintained to the fullest when the tires are properly inflated, not to mention the vehicle’s handling is also significantly improved. How smooth a Mercedes-Benz rides is one of its best qualities.
5. Your Mercedes-Benz needs to breathe deeply, and that is accomplished with air filters. Make sure the air filters for the engine and the cabin filtration system for your vehicle are changed regularly because they will collect debris and dirt, become clogged, and not work as efficiently as they should when gone unchanged.
6. Make sure you are also monitoring your vehicle’s fluids such as the coolant, oil, and washer fluid so that they are functioning as well as they should be. Give your Mercedes-Benz this kind of attention at least once per week.
7. Don’t forget the brake, transmission, and power steering fluids. Those should be checked at least on a monthly basis.
8. Car washing is a priority you should never neglect when it comes to your Mercedes-Benz. Do not allow your vehicle to go without a good cleaning; otherwise, you are not only sacrificing its appearance but also the quality of its paint.
9. The interior of your vehicle deserves just as much attention. In addition to keeping the interior constantly vacuumed, you should also be conditioning the leather seats routinely. There are interior car care products that are specifically designed for Mercedes-Benz that you can pick up at the spa…I mean, in the service care aisles of your favorite Mercedes-Benz dealership or supply store.
10. Bring your Mercedes-Benz to a high quality service station. You invested a significant amount of money into your purchase; therefore, your Mercedes-Benz needs some pampering from time to time. That means proper servicing using quality parts that are installed by professional service technicians.