As technology progresses, the world is changing to an age of connectivity. Mercedes-Benz has moved to another phase of connectivity which involves a multi-functional assistant plugged into your vehicle. Thanks to this connectivity, drivers can now interact and enjoy their drives. These systems provide intelligent information services for convenience and safety.
You can now turn your Mercedes Benz into to a Wi-Fi hotspot as well as connect it with Bluetooth devices. The two connections are very beneficial for drivers as you can learn more and improve performance.
Setting up the Bluetooth connectivity between your Bluetooth compatible phone or device and your Mercedes-Benz is an easy and convenient way to do away with all distractions while driving. As a driver, you are aware of the risks associated with distractions when driving which is why you are advised to connect with Bluetooth.
How it works
The procedure is simple. All you need to do is;
- Switch on your phone. Then ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Select the data connection, Bluetooth, and update.
- Then follow the commands given to complete the procedure.
- On your Mercedes Benz, choose the telephone icon.
- You will be provided with a connect option, select it.
- You will be presented with two options, search for phones or connect via phone. Choose the search for phone option as it is the easiest, but if it does not work, you can go with connecting via phone.
- Begin the search. Your Mercedes-Benz will find a compatible device. If the search is a success, you will get the success screen. Select the device you wish to connect to. A message will be displayed on your device with a corresponding code and if it is correct, select yes. Verify the code and connect.
The device is now successfully linked to the car. You can then listen to songs from your media files or stream data through your phone.
The greatest advantage of the connection is that you can enjoy your ride with your mind fully concentrated on driving the vehicle.
You would not want to miss out on this opportunity. It allows you to connect devices like smartphones, laptops, tablets and portable gaming devices all in your Mercedes-Benz, which is great for traveling with your kids. You have access to the internet and you can search websites, respond to emails and play games all in the comfort of your car. The Wi-Fi connection is highly secured with encryption, use of security keys and pins to ensure your data is kept private and secure. To turn it on you need to follow the steps below;
- Turn the command on when the car is at a stationary state.
- Click on the seat setting option.
- Select system setting.
- Navigate downwards and select Wi-Fi.
- Choose your desired method of connection.
Advantages of Wi-Fi Connect
Enhances Convenience – The Wi-Fi connection allows you to plan ahead when you are still in your car. You can reply to emails even before you get to your workplace. Moreover, you can even make restaurant reservations without having to worry about getting to a physical hotspot.
Confidence when driving – While driving to places you have never been before, you do not have to worry as all you need is to inform your Mercedes-Benz Wi-Fi connect what you are looking for, and you will be provided with directions and destination information to the car’s navigation system.
Infotainment – With the Wi-Fi connect, you get to know broadcast information at your current destination. You can search about the weather forecast, and also you can search for POIs at your current destination. The system automatically downloads the address and sets your navigation.
If you wish to have any of these connections done on your car, do not hesitate to call us at South Bay Autohaus. We are highly experienced in matters concerning Mercedes-Benz vehicles, and we are happy to be of help. Get to enjoy our convenient services where we assure you on loyalty and trust. You can entrust us with your car issues, and we will ensure to put a smile on your face.